Rifle Range Info
Rifle & Pistol Fees
Open to the Public: Saturdays and Sundays: 9:00 AM - 3:30 PM.
Open to Members: 7 Days a week - Sunrise to Sunset.
Members $10 on Saturday and Sunday: 9:00 AM – 3:30 PM. Before 9:00 AM and after 3:30 PM - no fee
(Annual & Life Members may use R&P range when not open to the public, during daylight hours, for no fee.)
Non-Members $25 for all day when open to the public: Saturdays and Sundays: 9:00 AM – 3:30 PM.
(non-member guests in attendance with a member $15*)
*note limit 2 guests/member.
Ammunition: Available for the most popular handgun/rifle calibers. Prices vary by caliber.
CLICK BUTTON below to sign and agree to participate in activities at WCGC. Signing this waiver is voluntary. However, use of range or presence on premises is dependent on signature.
100 yd Range - Our covered firing line will accommodate 11 positions for high power rifle and 15 positions for small bore.
200 yd Range - Open to members only.
For Rifle Instruction at Winchester Canyon Gun Club, Please see the "Contact Us" page on our website for a list of WCGC Approved Instructors.
*WCGC Does NOT have Rifles for Rent.
100 Yard Range info
200 Yard Range Info
Before handling any firearm, familiarize yourself with these safety procedures:
For current dates and times, see our Calendar!
3-Gun Practice Match are held on the first Sunday of each month. Competitors use three different firearms -- a modern sporting rifle (MSR), that is, a rifle built on an AR-platform; a pistol; and a shotgun. Matches generally involve courses where the shooter must move through different stages and engage targets in a variety of different positions. Each stage will generally require the use of different firearms and require the shooter to transition between them.
The targets might include clay pigeons, cardboard silhouettes, steel targets of varying sizes and anything else the match organizer designates as a target. Distances of the targets might vary from 1 yard to 200 yards or anything in between. The shooter who hits the most targets -- and avoids certain "no shoot" ones -- in the least amount of time is the winner.
SMALL BORE DEWAR RIFLE MATCH Consists of a total of 40 rounds for record, from the Prone position, unlimited sighters, 20 rounds at 50 yards, and 20 at 100 yards, using standard NRA paper targets. Time limit is 25 minutes at each stage. You can use any 22 rifle with any sight to compete. Currently not being offered. If interested is running this event, please contact Range Manager.
HIGH POWER RIFLE NATIONAL MATCH COURSE, 200 YARDS are no longer held at WCGC. Currently not being offered. If interested is running this event, please contact Range Manager.
COWBOY ACTION SHOOTING MATCHES are held once a month on the 200 yard range forward of the firing line and out to the 75 yard berm on the left hand side of the range. Targets are steel gongs and paper. The match is carried out under the guidelines of the Single Action Shooting Society (SASS), with no ethnic or racial connotations implied or permitted. These matches portray the spirit of the Old West through costumes and firearms of a bygone era. Currently not being offered. If interested is running this event, please contact Range Manager.
MUZZLE LOADING BLACK POWDER RIFLE AND PISTOL MATCHES take place once a month on the 200 yard rifle range. Competition is from the firing line out to 100 yards and 200 yards. Targets are steel gongs, with paper targets, located between 50 and 200 yards. Safe handling of old style muzzle loading arms and period dress and costumes are promoted.
Matches are conducted by the Ranger Officer using range commands for each course of fire. Coaching and special consideration are afforded new shooters to the game, by veteran competitors and the Range Officer. All rifle matches are governed by the Rules and Regulations of The National Rifle Association of America, with top priority given to basic safety rules in accordance with the NRA, and Winchester Canyon Gun Club.
If you are interested in rifle shooting, don't hesitate. Come on out, and you will have, at your disposal, any number of veteran competitive shooters, who are eager to help, and will go to great lengths to get you on your way to becoming competitive yourself. You will be surprised how quickly you will progress, and I know you will find that competitive shooters are a great bunch, with which to shoot and socialize. And, before you know, you'll be investing in your new found sport with the likes of maybe a new match rifle, sling, mat, spotting scope, and a host of related accessories which can greatly enhance your shooting ability.
THE CLUB WILL BE CLOSED TO ALL SHOOTING ON THE EQUINOXES AND SOLSTICES. Activities such as work parties are permitted but discharging of all firearms is strictly prohibited.
Hours and fees are subject to change throughout the year. Current fees are posted at the range. All events are subject to change due to weather or range conditions. See Calendar for full information.
WINCHESTER CANYON GUN CLUB RANGE RULES
1. The RANGEMASTER and TRAPMASTER have ABSOLUTE AND FINAL AUTHORITY OVER THE RANGES AND FIELDS, AND MAY EXPEL ANYONE AT THEIR SOLE DISCRETION. Safety is our highest priority. Anyone who sees a violation of these Range Rules or any unsafe activity should inform the Rangemaster or Trapmaster immediately. If neither is available, the person seeing the problem has the responsibility and authority to correct the violation as quickly as safety permits. Safety is EVERYONE’s responsibility.
2. All shooters and guests of shooters (members or non-members) MUST sign a waiver prior to any shooting on the ranges. This includes all events. Adult parent/guardian must sign a waiver for all minors that they accompany. Adult Shooters must be over the age of 21 or over the age of 18 with a valid & unexpired Hunting License. Signed waiver is good for one year. https://wildlife.ca.gov/Hunter-Education
3. Minors under the age of 18 MUST be under the direct control and immediate close supervision of a responsible accompanying adult at all times on any range. IN ADDITION, in order to shoot a handgun at WCGC, a person under 18 MUST be under the direct control of a parent or legal guardian. WCGC employees will NOT act as an accompanying adult. Adult Shooters must be over the age of 21 or over the age of 18 with a valid & unexpired Hunting License.
4. Instruction. A certified firearms instructor approved by the Board MUST be present whenever live fire instruction is given at any Club sponsored event.
5. BOTH EYE AND HEARING PROTECTION ARE MANDATORY for anyone on or nearby any Range or firing line.
6. Use only handguns on the Handgun Range, rifles on the Rifle Range, and only shotguns on the Trap and Skeet Fields. Handguns and shotguns are permitted on the 200 yard range IF REQUIRED DURING A BOARD APPROVED EVENT. .22 rimfire rifles are permitted on the handgun range or rifle range. Class III firearms are permitted only for board-approved events such as Law Enforcement training. Firing modern rifles chambered for caliber .50 BMG and larger is prohibited. This prohibition does not apply to handguns, muzzle loading firearms or rifles chambered for one of the early black powder cartridges.
7. Point muzzles in a safe direction. All firing lines must be in one direction only. When not on the firing line, all firearms will be unloaded, with action open and muzzle pointed in a safe direction (usually pointed down on the shotgun fields and up on rifle and handgun ranges). Rifles not in use will be completely unloaded, with actions open and racked or cased. Unused handguns will be completely unloaded, with actions open, and placed on a bench or cased. Leaving the range area with a holstered handgun may be allowed at the discretion of the Rangemaster. At no time will a firearm be loaded except when shooting on the firing line or on command during a match or event. Drawing and firing a handgun from a holster is allowed only if required by the certified instructor or event chair.
8. Targets. It is prohibited to shoot at structures, walls, exploding targets, glass, rocks, hard flat surfaces, or trash. Do NOT place targets where they may cause rounds to "skip" out of the range boundaries. Use only paper targets, posted on properly constructed frames or the range- supplied metal gongs on the handgun range. Board authorized events may feature other targets including, metallic silhouettes, bowling pins and falling steel plates. Only bio-degradable clay targets are allowed on the shotgun fields.
9. Aimed fire only. Poorly aimed rapid fire (Spray and Pray) is prohibited on all ranges at all times.
10. Stay behind the firing line. No one shall go forward of the rifle or handgun bay pads or shotgun shooting stations for any reason while the range is live. The range or field must be closed and the red flag properly posted in front of the firing lines before going downrange.
11. Cease fires. When a cease fire is called, all firearms must be completely unloaded, actions must be opened, rifles must be placed in a rack, and handguns must be placed on a bench or in a case. Handling of firearms is absolutely forbidden for any reason whenever anyone is forward of the firing line.
12. Use of the club by members: The club is closed to all shooting on the equinoxes, solstices, and board-approved Native American ceremonial days. Use of the ranges by members and their guest(s) is allowed on all other days from sunrise to sunset. Members must be present with their guest(s). Lending WCGC membership cards or gate combinations is prohibited. Gates shall be kept locked except when the ranges are open to the general public. Only Board authorized personnel may open containers, or club buildings.
13. Use of the 200 yard range is restricted. During public hours of operation, access to the 200 yard range is limited to board authorized events and under control of the Rangemaster with coordination of the event chair. Individual shooters may be allowed to use the 200 yard range at the sole discretion of the Rangemaster. See full WCGC 200 Yard Range Protocols HERE.
14. Clean-up. Leave the range in better condition than you found it. Clean up brass, empty shells, and targets. Put unfired or DUD rounds in the appropriate containers or take them with you. Do NOT put them in the regular trash.
15. NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES MAY BE CONSUMED ON THE FIRING LINE. Persons under the influence of alcohol or drugs are not permitted on any firing line. ALCOHOL CONSUMPTION IS STRICTLY FORBIDDEN ON THE RIFLE AND HANDGUN RANGES.
16. Respect those around you! Keep ALL pets on a leash or contained at all times. Pets are NOT allowed on any firing line or shotgun station at any time. Behavior that disturbs or distracts others is dangerous and prohibited. Follow the RULES specific to any range, field or event. Comply immediately with direction from the Rangemasters, Trapmasters or event chairs. Your life and the safety and lives of those around you depend on it.